North Atlantic Regional Sea Surface TemperatureOperational Near real time product
Level 3, four times a day, sub-skin Sea Surface Temperature derived from AVHRR on Metop and VIIRS on NOAA, over North Atlantic and European Seas and re-projected on a polar stereographic at 2 km resolution, in GHRSST compliant netCDF format.
OSI SAF FTP (main, full archive)
OSI SAF backup FTP (last 7 days)
OSI SAF Thredds
Oceanography and fisheries.
The product series is operational since 2006
- version OSI-202 Metop-A and NOAA-18/NOAA-19 from 2006 to 2013
- version OSI-202-a Metop-A and NPP from 2013 to 2016
- version OSI-202-b Metop-B and NPP from 2016 to 2020
- version OSI-202-c Metop-B and NOAA-20 from 2020 onwards
- Metop-A 2008-2016 OSI-202
- Metop-B 2016-onwards OSI-202-b/OSI-202-c
- NOAA-17 2006-2010
- NOAA-18 2006-2012 OSI-202
- NOAA-19 2009-2013 OSI-202
- NPP 2013-2020 OSI-202-a/OSI-202-b
- NOAA-20 2020-ongoing OSI-202-c
The content within square brackets "[…]" is to be replaced with whatever distributor, period, domain or download date is relevant to the data being used. The "extracted period" and "extracted domains" are only needed if a subset of the data is being used.
Suggestions for "distributor/distribution mean": OSI SAF FTP server/the EUMETSAT Data Centre/EUMETCast/name and URL of a redistributor...