Global Sea Ice Concentration (AMSR-2)Operational Near real time product
Ice concentration is computed from atmospherically corrected AMSR-2 brightness temperatures, using a combination of state-of-the-art algorithms. The product series is operational since 2017. This product is complementary to the SSMIS global sea ice concentration product (OSI-401 series).
- Sea ice concentration. Indicates the fraction of a given ocean grid point covered by ice (daily averaged fractional ice cover in percentage).
- Uncertainties. The algorithm uncertainty, the smearing uncertainty and the resulting total uncertainty of each sea ice concentration grid cell.
- Confidence level. Based on the daily standard deviation within each grid cell, provided as a guide.
OSI SAF FTP server (last 31 days)
OSI SAF FTP server (archive)
OSI SAF Thredds
The product series is operational since 2017.
- version OSI-408 from 16/03/2017 to 25/04/2023
- version OSI-408-a since 25/04/2023
The content within square brackets "[…]" is to be replaced with whatever distributor, period, domain or download date is relevant to the data being used. The "extracted period" and "extracted domains" are only needed if a subset of the data is being used.
Suggestions for "distributor/distribution mean": OSI SAF FTP server/the EUMETSAT Data Centre/EUMETCast/name and URL of a redistributor...